Autumn is here! Happy HAPPY day!! 🙂 Crisp mornings, glorious fall leaves crunching under foot, and wonderfully hot Lattes. During a delightful week in Colorado, I found a fantastic little coffee shop with an unusual latte. They ventured away from the typical “Pumpkin Spice” that tends to be the craze during this time of year and created a cup of “Autumn Spice” goodness! So, being me, when I returned home I recreated the cup of goodness. 🙂 Give it a try and let me know how you like it!! <3
serving size: 1 delightfully delicious latte!
- 2 shots espresso or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1TBS Caramel sauce
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 TBS Pure Maple syrup or Powder Sugar
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg for dusting (optional)
- In electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream & maple syrup until whipped cream consistency. Set aside!
- Combine hot espresso(or coffee), brown sugar, caramel, & vanilla extract in your favorite mug. Stir thoroughly to dissolve sugar and caramel!
- Steam milk and pour over coffee. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Sit back and ENJOY!
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”