It is the day before my sister’s birthday!! Yes, that is exciting. 🙂 So I decided she was entitled to a pre-birthday coffee. A very simple recipe but I have also included my home-made caramel sauce bellow which is very simple too and you will LOVE it. Home-made caramel sauce, vanilla, espresso, freshly whipped cream, and dark chocolate! What’s not to love? 😉
1 latte !
- 2 Shots espresso or 1/2 cup VERY strong coffee 🙂
- 2 tbsp Caramel Sauce(recipe bellow or you can use store-bought caramel sauce)
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup Whole milk frothed or heated
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Stir espresso, caramel, and vanilla in a cute mug.
- Add milk and top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and chocolate shavings!
- Thoroughly enjoy! 🙂
Home-made Caramel Sauce
Yields 1.5 cups… approximately. 🙂
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 6 tbsp butter cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- First, before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go – the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in. THIS WILL BE HOT! I recommend wearing a glove or mitten when making this as it gets really hot!
- Heat sugar on moderately high heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. As the sugar begins to melt, stir vigorously with a whisk. As soon as the sugar comes to a boil, stop stirring. Swirl the pan a bit but do not stir from this point on.
- As soon as all of the sugar crystals have melted (the liquid sugar should be dark amber in color), immediately add the butter to the pan. Whisk until the butter has melted.
- Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat. Count to three, then slowly add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate.
- Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then pour into a glass mason jar and let sit to cool to room temperature.