Tis’ the season for all things snowflakes, gingerbread men, and Hot Cocoa! 😉 After trying a million and one hot chocolate recipes and not finding one that hit that chocolatey goodness spot, I created my own recipe. So, today I am sharing my top secret Holiday Hot Cocoa recipe with y’all! It has been dubbed ” Christmas in a cup” by a sister and it a perfect Hot Cocoa fit for you! ♥
Serves 2 large mugs!
- 2 cups milk (I use whole milk!!)
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs sugar(I used raw but you can use regular white or even pure maple syrup!)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Dash or two 😉 of nutmeg
- in heavy sauce pan, whisk together 1/2 cup milk with raw sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt over medium high heat until chocolate chips and cocoa are dissolved. Whisk continually during this step!
- Slowly whisk in remaining milk and heavy cream. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir frequently until hot. Add vanilla and whisk for 30 second!
- Pour into your favorite mug and ENJOY!!