Yes, it’s true! I usually stick with blogging the 3 main food groups… cupcakes, cookies, and coffee but occasionally I dive into a savory dish! 😉 When my brother brought in 1 dozen brilliant bell peppers from his garden one afternoon, I needed to find a dish that would accommodate them! Instantly Stuffed Bell Peppers was suggested but I really am not a huge fan of Mexican food. So I improvised and created Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers!! A Bell Pepper halved, layered with a basil garlic cream cheese, savory beef, Parmesan, marinara, and lots of mozzarella!!
- 6 bell peppers cut in half and seeded
- 1 8oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tbs pureed garlic( or 1/2 tbs garlic powder!)
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 2 tbs Italian herbs (I mixed up my own using Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Garlic, and pepper)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 3 cups marinara(I use my quick marinara recipe found here)
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat 9×13 pyrex with olive oil or cooking spray! Place bell peppers in dish.
- Brown meat with Italian seasoning and 1 tsp salt. Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese, pureed garlic, and 1 tbs basil! Evenly divide and spreed cream cheese mixture on the bottom of halved bell peppers. Next equally divide cooked meat, top with Parmesan, marinara, and mozzarella between bell peppers.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes! Uncover and continue to bake until cheese is bubbly and brown!