Life has been busy… but never too busy for cupcakes! Mochaccino Cupcakes were our Sunday Dessert here! Combining a few of my favorite flavors, this recipe definitely satisfied my cupcake crazing. 😉 A delicious chocolate cupcakes topped with Caramel Latte icing and finished with Mini Chocolate chips for a sweet garnish! ♥ I hope you enjoy!
Yields 24 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter(softened)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powder sugar
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with liners. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- While cooling, prepare frosting!
- Dissolve instant coffee in the vanilla. Beat butter and cream cheese until combined. Add Caramel and powder sugar along with instant coffee & vanilla. Whip until fluffy, adding more powder sugar to achieve desired consistency!
- Once cupcakes are cooled, generously ice and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.”