Have y’all had confetti cookies before? Okay, so that’s just a fancy name for iced butter cookies with SPRINKLES! 😉 Sprinkles tend to make everything better, don’t they?! These cookies are our family’s favorite and I usually only make them at Christmas time but due to a friend’s birthday I made an exception to the rules. 🙂 After boxing up half a dozen for the friend and consuming a few myself I couldn’t help snapping a few pictures of the left-overs and sharing the recipe tonight! Supremely delicious soft & sweet butter cookie baked to a perfectly golden state, iced with a cream cheese butter cream, and made perfect with sprinkles! Hope you enjoy these as much as we do. ♥
Yields approximately 2 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter (softened!)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 4-5 cups powder sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the flour to form a dough.
- Place on parchment form into long thin tube(about 2 inches in diameter). Refrigerate for 3 hours!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line cookie sheet with parchment!
- Remove dough from freezer and slice into 1/2 inch disks. Place on cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden! Allow to cool completely!
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting! Beat butter and cream cheese in electric mixer until blended. Add almond, vanilla, and powder sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy(about 3 minutes!)
- Ice cookies and don’t forget to add the confetti with sprinkles! 😉