Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Sweet treats are a must for Valentine’s here. For me, I chose to make my Valentine’s treats a bit early this year! Raspberry & Nutella sandwiched between a delightfully buttery shortbread… because who doesn’t love Nutella?! 😉 There are so many varieties you could do with this cookie. Strawberry, blueberry, or even apricot jam would be supremely delicious! I have a brother who isn’t a huge fan of raspberries so I just made his with Nutella. They were a hit! 🙂 Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Yields approximately 20 cookie scrumptious sandwiches!
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- dash Salt
- Raspberry Jam
- In a medium bowl. cream together the butter, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in the vanilla, salt, and almond extracts. Blend in the flour to form a dough.
- Form into disk like circles wrap parchment or wax paper and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Gently roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Dough should be 1/4 inch thick! Cut cookies with cookie cutter and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. If you are doing the heart cut-out on top, cut hearts out of 1/2 the cookies before baking!
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Allow to cool completely
- Take bottom cookie generously spread nutella and raspberry then place another cookie on top(if you have done the heart design than this will be the top cookie). Repeat with remaining cookies!