Well, it is official! I made my first batch of Pumpkin Rolls this season last night and it’s starting to really feel like fall. 🙂 *Happy Sigh inserted here* So, to keep in the fall pumpkin theme here on Granola Girl Bakes, I thought I would share my very own Pumpkin Roll recipe with you! Slightly sweet, pumpkiny, and delightfully vibrant, I guarantee these dinners rolls would be a fall favorite for you. Happy Fall!!
Yields 24 large rolls!
- 2 TBS active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 6 TBS butter [melted]
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 TBS salt
- 4 eggs [beaten]
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 5 or more cups flour (I did a 50/50 wheat to white ratio)
- Activate yeast in warm water with 1/2 tsp white sugar. Once activated add butter, honey, salt, eggs, and pumpkin. Mix well! Slowly begin incorporating flour until dough is slightly sticky but workable.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface and knead for 6 minutes, adding flour when necessary. Place in lightly oiled bowl and allow to rise until double(about 1 hour.) Meanwhile generously butter 2 9×13 pans (or a larger cookie sheet!)
- Punch down, divide dough into 24 pieces, and form into round balls. Place dough in buttered 9×13 Pyrex and allow to rise until double again(30 or so minutes!) Preheat oven to 375°(f).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown!
- Serve with homemade apple butter, honey, or just by themselves and enjoy!! 🙂