Okay, so our “no-gluten, no-dairy, no-sugar” diet hasn’t been going to great lately. Obviously! 🙂 Molten Lava Cakes…. they are healthy…. really they are! Chocolate is full of antioxidants and I hear it is a belly flattener. 😀
Okay, so these are dangerously delicious and really quick to prepare. A chocolate cake that has a slightly gooey center. Serve hot with ice-cream and you have the world’s best and quickest desert! I usually have to make 14 little cakes to satisfy my family but I have revised the recipe to make 6 generous Lava Cakes. (:
Original Recipe Yield 6 cakes
- unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 oz semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- 1/2cup plus 2tbs butter
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yokes
- 1 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Heat oven to 450° F. Grease bottoms and sides of 6 (6oz) custard cups or mason jars with butter. Dust with cocoa powder. In a sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips. Allow to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, beat whole eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk or eggbeater until well blended. Beat in 1 1/2 cup powder sugar. Beat in melted chocolate mixture, flour, salt, and vanilla. Divide batter evenly between cups. I find an icecream scoop works wonderfully for this!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft(top will puff and crack.) Let stand for 3 minutes but NO LONGER! 🙂 They are best warm.
- Serve with icecream and ENJOY!