Mocha Latte Cheesecake, requested by my brother for his birthday. 🙂 Coffee and chocolate are two major staples in my house and both go so well together!! So I created this cheesecake a while back combining my 2 favorite beans. 😉
4 layers compose this cheesecake. Starting off with a thick buttery crust, then a rich chocolate cheesecake, add a layer of coffee, and top with freshly whipped cream and bittersweet chocolate shavings! This recipe can be made in either a 10inch spring form cheesecake pan or 16(approximate) mason jars!
Original Recipe Yield 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz melted chocolate (I have used an entire 12 oz bag before too! Just depends on how much chocolate you prefer.)
- 4 eggs
- 12oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- fresh whipped cream
- bittersweet Chocolate Shavings
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9 inch spring form pan (or to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, sugar, and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan or mason jars. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Dissolve instant coffee in vanilla add to cream cheese mixture. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Then add melted chocolate, Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes for 10inch round spring form or 20 minutes for the mason jars (or until center is almost set). Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake and cool.
- Blend together all topping ingredients until smooth and spread evenly over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chilled
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.