One of my family’s favorites! I tried my first piece of Mediterranean Flat Bread at a small coffee shop in the beautiful hill country of Texas and loved it! But obviously couldn’t take the coffee shop home with me so I came up with a recipe. 🙂 If you like Olives and Feta you will LOVE this recipe!
Soft bread topped with olives, provolone, fresh spinach, sundried tomatoes, and finished off with feta!
Yields 6 individual pieces of flat bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp years
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs butter melted
- 3 cups flour
- olive oil
- 24 kalamata olives pitted
- 1 7oz jar Sundried Tomatoes in Olive oil
- fresh spinach
- 8oz sliced provolone
- 8oz crumbled feta
- Activate yeast in warm water with sugar. Add salt, butter, and enough flour to make sticky dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead until soft and elasticy, adding additional flour as needed, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl and rise until double.
- Once doubled divide dough into 6 equal pieces, form into balls, and flatten with rolling pin. Place on a parchment lined pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush each piece of flat bread with olive oil then add the toppings. First the olives(lightly pressing into dough), on top place a slice of provolone, then a few leaves of fresh spinach, sundried tomatoes, and top with feta.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese and bread are lightly golden.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!