Yeilds 18-20 cupcakes or 9 4oz mason jars
- 3/4 cup BUTTER softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 5 stiffly beaten egg whites (beat until stiff peaks form)
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (milk can be substituted)
- 1TBS vanilla
- 1/2tsp almond extract
- 5-6 cups powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 18 muffin Cups with liners. Or if your using mason jars butter and flour 9 mason jars.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Add vanilla and mix well; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition. Gently fold in egg white. Divide between muffin cups. I find 1 mounded ice cream scoop per cup is the perfect amount. For the 4oz mason jars 2 ice cream scoops are perfect!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done and slightly golden. Cool thoroughly.
- Icing instructions:
- Cream together butter, cream, vanilla, and almond extract. Add powder sugar 1 cup at a time until icing reaches the right consistency.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy!