Usually made with 50% whole wheat flour and 50% white, theses honey rolls have become a Sunday dinner staple!
Original Recipe Yield approximately 2 dozen rolls
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbs salt
- 6 cups Flour, either all white or a combination of whole wheat and white
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in a large bowl with warm water until foamy, approximately 5 minutes.
- After years is activated add milk, butter, honey, and salt. Stir until well combine.
- Add just enough flour, one cup at a time, until dough is sticky yet workable. Roll out onto a well floured counter top and knead until no longer sticky and dough is elasticy, added additional flour if needed. Place in a greased bowl and rise until doubled (approximately 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 9×13 pans with butter. Once dough is risen, punch down and cut into 24 individual pieces. Form each into balls and place in the greased pans. Allow to rise to double (approximately 45 minute)
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes and enjoy!