Original Recipe Yields approximately 6 cups marinara
- 3 cans stewed tomatoes- do not drain
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic -minced
- 1/2 tbs dried basil
- 1/2 tbs dried oregano
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- Saute the onion and garlic with olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium head until transparent, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Either submerge immersion blender blender into pan and blend until completely Puréed or add to a food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Add Parsley and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stir frequently.